Allegan Public Schools cooperates with community groups and organizations that sponsor enriching and educational activities for students and staff by distributing materials electronically via Peachjar. As part of our efforts to be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology, and maintain fiscal responsibility, we have transitioned from paper to electronic flyer delivery. To see how Peachjar works, watch this short video:
If you are interested in submitting a flyer for approval, click here to create a Peachjar account so that you can create and upload your flyer. If approved, eflyers will be emailed directly to parents’ inboxes. In addition, they will be made viewable on our app and posted online for easy access. Paper flyers from outside organizations will not be distributed.
When a flyer is uploaded through Peachjar, Allegan Public Schools will review it and approve or deny it based on the standards below. Peachjar charges a fee for this service that is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper fliers to each school.
Flyer Approval Guidelines
- The flyer must support the basic educational mission of Allegan Public Schools, directly benefit the students, or be of intrinsic value to the students or their parents/guardians.
- The activity must benefit children and reference a specific activity; advertisements and flyers of general information will not be allowed.
- The flyer must contain the name and contact of the sponsoring entity.
- The activity must be age appropriate.
- Materials for distribution must not promote any commercial or political interest/organization or viewpoint.
- Flyers cannot contain overtly religious language (e.g. Bible verses, proselytizing, call to religious observance, etc.) that would create a government entanglement with religion.
- Flyer must be in PDF format, smaller than 6 MB, and cannot include font sizes less than 12.
- Flyers should be submitted two weeks prior to the event date.
- Approved copies of flyers can be made available in hard copy in school offices by parent request.
- The activity may not be in conflict with the district’s exclusivity contracts, USDA regulations, state and federal regulations, or other Board of Education policies and regulations.
- Approval of your flyer does not imply district endorsement of any identified product or service.
While we notify students and parents of activities that may be of interest to them, Allegan Public Schools does not endorse, screen, support, favor, oppose, or object to the content of any of these activities or of the community groups that sponsor them. It is entirely up to parents/guardians and students–ages 18 or older–to determine whether to participate in any of the activities listed on this site.
If you have any questions regarding our electronic flyer distribution system, please contact our Public Relations and Marketing Specialist, Laura Sullivan, at (269) 673-5431 or firstname.lastname@example.org.